With social media becoming a permanent feature of most of our lives, it has been fun to observe the social media personalities of my world. By ‘social media personality’ – I mean, the ability to express ourselves online. Why, some of us are more social or and some of us are less social online, is very hard to pin point for me, for now, at least.
Our social media personality woven with existing relationships seems to be creating brand new ‘online personalities and relationships’! While there is no right or wrong on this issue and it is only a matter of personal comfort, these are a few of the social media relationships that I have observed in a fun way!
- Sometimes, one spouse is more social than the other online
- Both spouses are equally social online
- There are also instances when the parents are more social than their grown children! 🙂 (how and why – I have never been able to understand this?!! :))
- When the entire family just absconds from the Internet and social media(though very, very rare – haven’t found any family that way! – though am sure somebody does exist! :))
- When the entire family is online and everything is expressed online in full public view!! 🙂
- When teenage kids are having a gala time on social media and the parents have no clue about their social media habits(or choose to ignore)
- When one parent or both parents are constantly tagging behind their teens online! 😉
Where do you belong in the above list?
I am sure there are many other variations too – but these are the personalities that I have observed! Is there are any other social media personality that I have missed?
Jayanthi Manikandan has an undergraduate degree in Computer Science from India and a Master’s degree in Information systems with a specialization in Information security from Detroit, MI, USA.
She has been passionate about Information security and has several years of experience writing on various technical topics. Additionally, she loves to pen a few personal thoughts here as well! 🙂