‘Whatsapp’ is India’s largest and most convenient chat app. The anonymity to send messages without the whole world to view it and the instantaneous way to communicate made the chat app a total winner.
But the chat app had one uncomfortable feature – for the multitude of messages sent across different groups and individuals, there was always that one message that was sometimes sent by mistake. It would always land in a group with 10-50 participants who would all be equally puzzled!
Whatsapp has solved the unintended message dilemma by enabling a new feature:
- You can delete an unintended message from all group members (or individuals)
- The unintended message should be deleted within 7 minutes of sending it
- In order to make it work , the message to be deleted has to be “tapped, held and deleted” from groups or individuals
- Once the messages are deleted, a message “This message was deleted” will appear in the appropriate group.
- In order for the ‘Delete’ feature to work, all users should have the latest version of Whatsapp installed for their phones or desktops.
- If the deletion is not successful for all members of the group, there will not be a separate notification informing of the same.
Note: There is a possibility that a message will be viewed by the recipient before the sender deletes it.
What do you think of this new feature?